Saturday, October 9, 2010

Project #10: Progress Report

This is the first PLN I have ever created and I am having some what of a difficult time with this project. I created a Twitter account; my first one ever! I updated my profile and put a picture so that everyone would know exactly who I am. I followed people according to a few of my interests and I was able to find a few friends using the email search tool. I am currently following 15 people. I am still learning to navigate through twitter and figure out exactly what it is that I am doing. I will continue to learn and eventually I am sure I will be able to actually do something with my account!

1 comment:

  1. I think the most difficult part of the PLN assignment is that students want to nmake it harder than it is. Remember the PLN is not just internet or websites, but also people and places that are a part of your learning. Regarding Twitter, use the topic search (about half way down the right side) and search topics like "elementary education," or "technology in education," or whatever topics might inform your learning. Follow people you find interesting under those topics. Add these people to your PLN.

    So lets review. Your Personal Learning Network (PLN) is basically a listing of the people, places, classes (EDM 310), blogs, websites, etc. that you use to learn about a given topic like "elementary education," or "technology in education." To get started on your PLN you should select a topic or topics and start listing these things. Go back and read the PLN assignment on page 23 of the Project Instructions. If you have questions come by the lab or give us a call. SS

    ReplyDelete