Tuesday, October 5, 2010

C4T Teacher #2 Summary

I was assigned to comment on Middle School Matrix. I found this blog to be very interesting and this particular teacher made some very good points. The two posts that I commented on were: A Return to Imagination and Sometimes You Have to Punt.


A Return to Imagination focused on the fact that schools are changing and evolving and many teachers have not been trained for these changes. In my comments I agreed with the author that students need to be taught, but they also need to be guided towards creativity and imagination. It was a little hard for me to relate to this post because I, unlike the author, am being trained for the changes in schools.


I absolutely loved the post Sometimes You Have to Punt. In this post, the author gave a detailed writing of a scenario she had in her classroom. The students were doing a unit of maps and globes and she described the different activities in which they had to complete. She explained that sometimes the lesson does not always go as planned and in these cases you have to "punt": change your plan! It was very easy for me to understand this post and it was nice to read that things do not always go as planned, but that it is okay! I think that it is very important for teachers to adapt to their students; in my opinion, this is what makes a good teacher.
A Wordle of all of the words in this post

No comments:

Post a Comment