Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Additional Assignment #2

Digital Literacy comic

1. I think that children can teach themselves SOME things. I was in a chemistry course my second semester of college. I earned a C in this course. What you have to understand about me is that I am certainly not a C student. My senior year of high school I was taking four college classes and I was in honors Chemistry. I earned an A in this course. The difference? My professors. My  high school teacher actually TAUGHT me chemistry, while my college professor thought I could do it on my own. On the other hand, I can obviously teach myself to use facebook and to send a text message.

2. I think it still depends on the subject and the specific child. Some children are capable of teaching themselves certain sunjects,
while others are not.

3. A person has to first be interested in the topic in which they are to learn. They must have the will to teach themselves.

4. Computers and internet play a huge role in teaching yourself. If you have access to the internet it is much, much easier
to learn something because of the resources available.

5. Motivation also plays a large role in teaching yourself. If you do not want to learn something, then you won't.

6. Problems or questions can be both a positive and a negative step in teaching yourself. It can be positive because it will
help you learn more and broaden your resources. However, it can be negative because having problems makes it much easier
to give up or get discouraged.

7. In order to motivate someone to learn, you have to tell them why it is important. No one is going to want to learn something
if they do not think it is relivant or if they think they will never use it.

8. I am motivated to learn because I know WHY I am learning. I am learning in order to become a teacher and to better myself; these two
things are very important to me and they are what push me to learn.

9. I think they will learn some things, but I do not think that they will fully grasp and understand the subject.

10. I teach myself technology all the time, sometimes because I want to, and sometimes because I have to. I teach myself
class things every now and then, but for the most part I have been blessed with good teachers. I always further my learning
on my own just so that I will have a better understanding of things.

11. Teachers give you the material and encouragement for learning.

12. Honestly, they most important thing I realized from this video is that teachers need to be more open to different areas
where they want to work!

13. All students can learn, they simply need the resources to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment