Tuesday, November 2, 2010

C4t #3 Summary:

Post #1:
I really enjoyed following Ms. Galloway's blog. The first post that I read was "Magic Wand". In this post she discussed two articles that she had read: one about changes in education and technology in the past ten years, and one about changes in education in the nest ten years. She was taken aback by all of the changes that have happened, many that we do not even think about, for instance VCR's. The article about the changes in the future made her wonder if some of the changes were a little too ambitious, however she did enjoy the article.

I read the two articles and had many of the same reactions as Ms. Galloway. One thing that really caught my attention is that the article about the future says that we will be using 90% less paper in schools within ten years. Really?! In my comment on her post, I voiced my concerns of jobs. I think that using less paper would be incredible for schools and the environment, but I do worry that many paper companies will simply shut down and then many will loose their jobs. Overall I really enjoyed reading this post and I was honestly excited for the next post!

Post #2:

View from the "hole"

I was rather upset that Ms. Galloway had not posted a new blog. I ended up reading an old blog, entitled "The Hole". This blog is about her and her husband's first home buying experience. They were living in Thailand at the time,  but wanted to buy a home in Seattle, Washington. Which is exactly what they did! They bought a "hole" in the wall place with a great view and the perfect floor plan and from Thailand, their renovations began. They used many technologies, such as Skype, email, iPhones, etc. in order to communicate with their friends and family, who were the ones renovating for them.

Although this post had nothing to do with education or anything of the sort, I still found it interesting to read. I thought it was amazing how they were able to renovate their home from across the world. They were a part of every decision made too!

No comments:

Post a Comment