Wednesday, November 3, 2010

C4K 3-7 Summary

A picture drawn by Melaia
The blog I was assigned to for C4K #3 was entitled Dinner Time. The picture above was drawn by Melaia, a student in this particular class. I thought this picture was wonderful! I commented that I like the fish because it is cute and very creative. I also really enjoyed all of the bright colors and patterns that she used!

The fourth blog that I commented on was Juliet's personal blog. Her most recent post was "My 2 term reflection". In this post, she simply reflected on the term, her strengths and weaknesses, what she enjoyed, etc. In her description of what she enjoyed about the term, she said she enjoyed HSIE. I was not sure what this was, so in my comment I asked if she would explain it to me. She mentioned that she enjoyed having a pen-pal. Juliet and her pen-pal have a lot in common. I never had a pen-pal growing up, and I made sure to inform Juliet of how lucky she is in that aspect!

For C4K #5 I was assigned to a student's blog in Australia! Her name is Bianca and the post that I commented on was called Animals. It was a very short post, but she informed us that she likes: birds, cats, dogs, fish,rats, dragons, pigs, cows, and ducks. She ended her post by asking what animals we like. After reading her entire blog, I noticed that she really seemed to like animals. In my comment I asked her if she had ever considered becoming a veterinarian.I then informed her of some of my favorite animals: horse, frog, cat, dog, and rabbit.

C4K #6 was by far my favorite kid blog that I was assigned to. I was given EmmieT's blog to view. Her entire blog was so well developed! The post that I commented on was Hummingbird. In the post, she details her experience of having a hummingbird cross her path and actually touch her cheek on her way to the library. I love hummingbirds, so this post was very special to me.

With C4K #7 I was assigned to "skunkshark". The post that I commented on was called My Photographs. The problem with this post is that she must have edited the picture after I had already commented! However, in the comment that I left, I told her that I enjoyed the photograph, but that I do not know anything about photography. I told the student that they should continue with photography if it is something they are interested in!

No comments:

Post a Comment