Tuesday, November 2, 2010

AA #3




What do you think is the most important thing Sir Ken Robinson says in this presentation?


This entire video was amazing and the whole thing was important, but in my opinion, the most important thing that he said was: we are trying to change the future by doing the same thing we have done in the past.

Is there anything you disagree with in this presentation?


He mentioned that long ago, some people thought that some kids just would not benefit from education, that they would not learn. I believe that this thought still occurs today.

How congruent are Sir Ken Robinson's positions with those which you are being taught in the College of Education. In other words, where is there agreement? Where is there disagreement?


I think many of the beliefs and ideas discussed in this video do go along with the School of Education. Diversity is very important to us, in fact it is given it's own class. We discuss special needs a great deal too, and we often wonder if ADD/ADHD is too frequently and quickly diagnosed.

What can you do to address the issues Sir Robinson raises?


I am not sure what I personally could do, but I love the issue he raises about students being categorized by their age. Is this really the most important thing? In many cases children are held back, or even pushed too far, simply because of their age and what grade they are SUPPOSED to be in. Why not just let people be in the "grade" where their academic and emotional maturity best fit? This would decrease the boredom felt by "advanced" students and would decrease the insecurities and embarassment felt by students who are "behind".


What do you think of the presentation? If you had to do a presentation with others like this, what role on your team would you like most to play?


I absolutely loved this video! The content was wonderful and the presentation was even better. I honestly did not even realize that it was an eleven minute video because I was so interested! I am not a very artsy person, so I would not want to mess up my group project. I think I would like to be the narrator. I love talking, imagine that, and I do have a decent speaking voice (maybe a little country, but none the less!).

1 comment:

  1. I would add, to your very first sentence: "And that won't work."

    ReplyDelete