Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Blog Assignment 11

Little Kids... Big Potential and Ms. Cassidy Skype:



This video was so cute! It was really great for me to actually see technology being used in the classroom, rather than just reading about how it CAN be used. I have never seen a classroom such as this one, but it is very inspirational to know that it can be done, and in elementary school, which is where I want to teach. The amount of technology this class uses is incredible. I loved that they Skype to people all around the world. I would honestly have never thought to do this with my class, but it is definitely something that I will use now that I have seen it done!

I really want to me Ms. Cassidy! It is so inspiring to see and hear an elementary teacher using so much technology in the classroom. I can only hope to have the support that she does. I think that is what I worry about the most. Many administrators do not find this amount of technology to be necessary. I also worry about the parents' reactions. Ms. Cassidy's parents all were very happy in this setting, and hopefully my parents will be as well. I think it was very obvious from the video to see how truly advanced her students are! They even seem more mature than many 1st graders!

1 comment:

  1. Your comic was funny.
    I agree though, Ms. Cassidy is awesome. I wouldn't have thought to skype different people around the world either. And they are soooooooo young and I promise her class knows more about technological things than I do! But it's all good :)

    ReplyDelete