Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

Students use the internet almost everyday for school work. I have had many assignments that required me to research specific things; these assignments could take days simply because I could not find everything that I needed. Google Squared and Wolfram Alpha would have been extremely helpful in many of these situations. These are both fantastic tools for students because it gives you the tools to find EVERYTHING that you need, and it is very simple to use. I unfortuneatly was not aware that either of these tools existed. I certainly would have saved a bunch of time if I had been!
I am not sure that I would change what I said about the Did You Know? project, however I can say that my view on statistics has been slightly altered. I am very quick to simply take a statistic exactly as it is stated and not think about it too much further. By completeing this excercise, I have learned that when I am given a statistic I need to actually think about what it really means rather than just taking it for what it is.

Pitcairn Islands map


The Food for Thought article made me realize how EASY technology can be; we simply have to TRY it.

No comments:

Post a Comment